HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD
Quarantine time calls for taking up new hobbies, and baking has always been a go to in times of stress relief. I am a huge fan of banana bread – it’s a classic treat that is easy to whip up, and somehow, we always end up with 3 to 4 very ripe bananas just sitting on the counter. The bananas that are too ripe to eat are perfect for baking!
This chocolate chip banana bread is everything you want; it’s moist and dense and full of flavor. I have experimented with this recipe in different forms (yes, I even made a healthy batch once), which is why I know this recipe is a keeper for sure.
1⁄2 Cup, Softened Butter
1 Cup, Granulated Sugar
3 Bananas, finely crushed (for serious and extremely moist and delicious, try 4 bananas)
1 1⁄2 Cups, All-Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon, Baking Soda
1⁄2 Teaspoon, Salt
1⁄2 Teaspoon, Vanilla (optional)
1 Cup, Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350º / 180º.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and crushed bananas and combine them.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Lightly mix together until combined but be careful not to overmix!
- You can splash in a hint of vanilla for that added aroma, or if you’re like me – now is the time you fold in some chocolate chips!
- Pour into greased and floured loaf pan. You can even place two sliced bananas on top for décor.
- Bake at 350º / 180º for 55 minutes.
To reinvent this banana bread with a healthy version, the sugar is replaced with honey, and for the butter, I opted for coconut oil instead. Of course, you can always take out the chocolate chips for a simpler tea-cake, and if you truly want to take it up a notch, use whole wheat flour instead.